As an academic discipline that has significant ties to a number of related disciplines, English studies raises questions about how literature relates to human lives. Besides fostering sharper analytical skills, our programs also help students become familiar with parallel ideological currents (post-colonialism, feminist studies, etc.) that shape literary production.
To this effect, our various English programs explore cultural dynamics and linguistic hubs, classic and contemporary authors, historical periods and literary movements with the objective of providing students with critical reading skills and analytical frameworks for discussing and writing about a range of literary works.
- Comparative literature
- Cultural studies
- Library and information science
- Translation, etc.
Our English studies undergraduate programs
- BA in English Studies (Baccalauréat en études anglaises)
- BA in English and French Literatures (Baccalauréat en littératures de langues anglaise et française)
- Major in English Studies (Majeure en études anglaises)
- Minor in English Studies (Mineure en études anglaises)
- Specialization in English Language and Culture (Module en langue et culture anglaises)